Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sweet and Spicy Peach Chicken Veggie Stir Fry



You all know I like cooking Chinese food and we eat it often, here is a quick and easy dish that will save you money from getting take out and it has no MSG or other ingredients that restaurants might put in your food. It's really easy to make. I would suggest investing in a good large wok to cook in, I love mine. This dish uses homemade Peach Jelly, but you can use Orange or lemon Jelly or Jam if you like. My peach Jam recipe is here


What you need:
1 1/2-2 pounds chicken cut in small pieces
6 cloves garlic chopped(2 tsp)
1 onion diced small
Olive oil
A few drops of sesame oil(1 tsp or less)
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce(I like low sodium)
1 cup peach jelly
1 tsp 5 Chinese spice
1/2 tsp red chili peppers
A little sea salt and some pepper

You can put any veggies that you like in your recipe, here's what I used tonight
1 zucchini chopped
1/2 cup diced carrots or sliced thin
1/2 cup celery sliced thin
1 cup broccoli chopped small
1 cup snow peas

2 cups cooked rice
My recipe for perfect rice is cooking perfect brown rice

How to make it:
First drizzle about 1/4 cup olive oil in your pan, heat till nice and hot, throw your onions and garlic, and celery in the pan and cook a couple minutes, then add your chicken. Cook about 5 minutes till its good and done, I want my chicken cooked through
Toss in your sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce stir, then add your veggies cook till they are just crispy tender, add a little more soy sauce if needed, I usually add about 1/2 cup more now
Serve over rice


No comments:

Post a Comment