Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stuffed Ravioli in Marinara Meat Sauce


I like to make my own Italian Sauces for my recipes even if I use frozen Pasta Shells and I am always making the sauce a little Different depending on what I have on hand, here is one of My Sauce Recipes for this Tasty Ravioli Dish.

What you Need:
sauce:
1 lb hamburger(I use ground chuck)
1/2 onion, chopped
4 Cloves minced garlic
1 15 oz can of Basil Garlic & Oregano Diced Tomatoes(if you like chunky Sauce or 1 Can Tomato Sauce)
1 15 oz can tomato puree
6 oz tomato paste
1/2 t black pepper
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt(I hardly use salt)
1 pkg of Stuffed Ravioli(Found in the freezer section)
Mozzarella Shredded Cheese and Grated Parmesan

How to Cook it:
Brown the hamburger and onion in a large saucepan.  Once it is browned, Drain the grease.  Add the remaining sauce ingredients and let it simmer for 45 minutes (or however long it takes you to get the rest ready.
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray Your Baking Dish with Olive Oil Spray Lightly
Start the water for the Ravioli.  Once the water is boiling, add the shells and cook for the minimum time listed on the package.  
Spread some of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.  
Place the Ravioli into the baking dish.
Top with more marinara.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 c of mozzarella and Parmesan if you Like
Bake, covered,  for 35 minutes.  
There you have it!  Enjoy Good Food

No comments:

Post a Comment