Friday, January 24, 2014
CHERi's Miracle Whip Chocolate Cake
YES Chocolate Cake Made With Miracle Whip
This delicious recipe will earn you much praise from your friends and family. Yummy food really is one of life's pleasures. Eat drink and be merry and enjoy this recipe.It's Moist and Unbelievably Good The secret is in the Miracle Whip
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
Dash of salt (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup cold water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dark Chocolate Frosting(optional, sometimes I don't frost it, I just dust with powdered sugar)
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon boiling water
2 sticks (8 oz) butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups confectioners' sugar
12 ounces of dark chocolate chips* Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease an 11 x 7-inch glass baking pan.
Sift together dry ingredients. Gradually add liquid ingredients, mixing well.
Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
1. Combine cocoa and the boiling water, stirring until cocoa has dissolved.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, and salt until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler on the stove top. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
4. Then, add melted and cooled chocolate, beating until combined and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Beat in the cocoa mixture.
6. Frost cooled cake, and sprinkle on the chopped nuts.