Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cheri's Savory Cornbread Sage Dressing Recipe



This delicious recipe will earn you much praise from your friends and family. Delicious food really is one of life's pleasures. Eat drink and be merry and enjoy this recipe. This recipe serves a large crowd and I make it in a 9x13 pan

Ingredients

2 large finely chopped onions
2 cup chopped celery
3-4 garlic cloves diced
1/2 cup butter
4 cups bread cubes
4 cups corn bread(I make this a day ahead)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt(omit if using regular broth and watching your salt)
1  teaspoon ground sage
2 teaspoon poultry seasoning(I make my Own-see my recipe below
1 cup turkey or chicken broth

Before cooking I prepare my breads and turn them into crumbs
After baking my cornbread I let it cool and the next day I will crumble this up

I also take a loaf of my favorite bread for the stuffing and put it on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes to dry it, then I put it in a food processor and spin it to crumbs.


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, grease a casserole dish.
In a skillet heat up 3 TBS of olive oil (EVOO), when hot add your onions and celery and garlic cook till golden.
Combine onion mixture with bread crumbs, pepper, eggs, raisins, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Stir in broth and melted butter then mix just until well moistened.
Place in casserole dish.
Cover and bake for  35 minutes. Take cover off for the last 5 minutes to brown.

*Make your own poultry seasoning


No comments:

Post a Comment