Thursday, October 3, 2013
Cream Cheese Bacon Bites
These crescent roll bites are just the thing for a special breakfast treat!
. 4-5 ounces cream cheese, softened
. 5-6 slices of bacon, cooked
. 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
. 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
. 1 can crescent rolls
1. Combine all items except crescent rolls.
2. Unroll crescent rolls onto a cutting board. Pinch seams together, or buy the new
sheet crescent dough. I just saw that in the store the other
day. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of crescent dough. Be sure to get all the
way to the side edges, wouldn't want any of the rolls short changed
on the good stuff.
3. Roll jelly roll style from the long side (or if you want just a few really big
rolls, roll from the short end.) Cut rolls every 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
Place on baking stone or tray.
4. Don't worry if they get a little mushed, crescent dough is forgiving and will still
puff up perfectly.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before removing and serving.
The ingredient list is a guideline. Adjust items to your taste. If I only have 4
strips of bacon, I don't let it stop me. Also, I've used minced onion
in these and it gives a bit of texture. I lean more to the 5 ounces of cream cheese
but the original recipe only calls for 3 ounces. We just love our