Friday, October 18, 2013
Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread!
Makes 16 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup fat-free dairy sour cream
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium very ripe bananas)
8 maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly coat the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, egg, and oil. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
4. Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in chopped cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. This bread freezes well.
Makes 16 slices.
*Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend or Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow the package directions to use the amount equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar.
adapted and Brought To You By Soulful_Eating