Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baked Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas



The creamy cheese sauce for my chicken enchiladas is out of this world creamy and spicy and oh so nice. The sauce is so delicious all by itself you're going to make everyone happy for this dinner.

I have been on a mexican food kick this week, and enchiladas have been the star of the show around my house and my family lately. So we are trying all kinds of ideas.

this recipe makes 10 small enchiladas

Ingredients:
chicken mixture:
1 lb boneless chicken breasts diced
1 medium to large onion diced
1 green bell pepper diced
3 tsp taco seasoning (I make my own, see my recipe on my blog)
1/2 cup of water
Pepper how you like

Cheese sauce:
1/2 cup of velveeta cheese diced up
1 cup of milk
1 can tomatoes and diced chiles, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

10 Small Corn Tortillas
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1 cup Fiesta Cheese shredded
jalapenos for topping and
parsley or chives for topping to serve
To serve you may add sour cream or guacamole if you like
Oven set at 350 degrees F


How to Make:
First off dice up your chicken, onions, peppers. Heat skillet with 3 Tbs Olive Oil(EVO)
When skillet is nice and hot, put your onions and peppers in and saute, do not stir too much or they get mushy, once those are just tender, toss in chicken and cook till done, (it turns white)



next add your taco seasoning and about 1/2 cup of water and stir this together, add pepper how you like it, stir up and simmer about 5 minutes then turn off.


Heat Oven to 350 Degrees F
To Make Cheese sauce:
First I take my Velveeta Cheese and Milk and heat that till melted on low heat(stir to keep from sticking)
Remove cheese sauce from heat and stir in drained tomatoes and green chiles then stir in sour cream and add soup, stir this all till blended. Set aside


To make Tortillas:
 I heat mine in the microwave in a warmer

then I take about a tablespoon of cooked chicken mixtures and wrap each one, place open edge down in greased baking pan, this is the tricky part getting them to lay and not unroll, (I place a glass next to my first one to hold in place, moving down as I go)

Once they are all in rolled in pan, I pour my Cheese sauce over the enchiladas, top with some jalapenos and they are ready to pop in oven for 20-30 minutes.

Serve with toppings of your choice if you like or just as they are, the sauce alone is enough to make your mouth water.
Trust ME and ENjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment