Sweet and Sour Chicken. This one takes some simple ingredients and is really tasty
First I got out my wok put it on your stove, drizzle some olive oil in it and get it hot
When hot put in your onions and saute them a few minutes till just tender, then add your chicken.
Dinner is ready! Enjoy
Here is the recipe which you can also cook in the crock pot for a ready when you are dinner.
Sweet 'n Sour Chicken! Stove Top or Slow Cooker
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Sesame seeds & Green onions for garnish
Vegetables(your choice) I used zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms today
1 cup water
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1. Brown chicken and onions over medium heat.
2. Mix together sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken & onions.
3. Simmer 35-40 minutes on low adding the red peppers in the last 5 minutes.
4. Combine water and cornstarch. Add to the sauce and let bubble whilte stirring for 3 minutes or
until thickened. Serve on rice.
5. Put chicken, onions & sauce in the slow cooker. Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
6. Combine water and cornstarch. Add water/cornstarch and red peppers to the sauce. Turn onto
high for 15-20 minutes to thicken, stirring frequently. Serve on rice.