Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Potato-Pepper Breakfast Burrito
You want easy, you got easy. This superbly simple, light and healthy breakfast burrito is perfect any time of day. Roll up a soft, warm burrito stuffed with a flavor combination entirely up to you. Slice up an avocado, slather on your favorite salsa, or pile in some scrambled eggs, what's your favorite?
3-4 small potatoes, cubed
1 small sweet onion, sliced into strips
1 bell pepper (any color you like), sliced into strips
About 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Tortillas or wraps of your choice
Optional toppings: avocado, salsa, arugula, spinach or other greens, your other favorite toppings
1.Chop the potatoes and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle or spray with olive oil and add a little pepper or other spice of your choice.
3. Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes, turning them over at 10 minutes.
4. Chop the bell pepper and onion slices and arrange them in a single layer on another baking sheet.
5. Once the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, add the chopped bell pepper and onions to the oven and cook both trays for another 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through.
6. Warm tortillas slightly in the oven or on the stove and then create your burrito by layering on the potatoes, peppers, onion and whatever toppings you'd like.
7. Fold the wrap and enjoy!