Ready for Fall yet?Well here's a great recipe to help get you from the hot summer harvest and the cool days ahead. This hot and creamy corn chowder can be made from the fresh bounty of your garden or local farmers' market. Season it with smokey paprika, I really like this seasoning.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
3 ears corn cut off the cob (don’t throw the cobs yet)
1 ear corn, cut into 4 sections
3 small red potatoes, diced
4 cups chopped kale
7-8 cup water
1/4 -1/2 cup coconut milk creamer or any milk
1/2 tsp Smokey Paprika
salt and pepper to taste
sliced tomatoes for garnish
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a stock pot. When hot but not smoking, add garlic, onion and tomato. Saute until onions are soft.
2. Add corn kernels, cobs, sections of corn, potatoes and water. Let boil and reduce heat to a simmer until the potatoes are cooked through. Add seasonings
3. Take the cobs and the 4 sections out of the pot. Discard the cobs and set the corn sections aside.
4. Place half the soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Put the puree back in the pot. Add the chopped kale and dairy-free creamer/milk. Stir to incorporate.
5. To serve, place in four bowls and top with a section of corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes