Saturday, September 7, 2013

Buying in Bulk-Stock up and save

You know I like buying in bulk then packaging it up in smaller servings, It saves money, you can buy more when it's on sale and fill your freezer up so you don't have to shop as often, or run out of food as often.
I have done this for years, when all the kids were home, and btw we had 8 kids in the house, it saved me lots of time, and money.
Back when all the kids were smaller and home, I would buy 25-50 lbs of meats and break those down, it was easy to use 5 lbs or more at a meal then.
Now I buy a little smaller quantities but I still package it up for easy cooking later
I even have a burger patty maker, that will make 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 pound burgers, do you know how much money you can save making your own burger patties instead of buying pre made ones?
Lots!!
Plus I even make seasoned patties, onion burgers, mushroom burgers, and such(by using soup mixes, that you can buy or even better--make your own, saves money and is healthier) so that they are ready to pop in the pan and cook up, or the grill.
Just make up your patties then place wax paper between each one, or you can buy burger storage, I used to have some Tupperware burger containers, wish I still did. That reminds me I should check to see if they sell them.
Do you know?

You can use storage bags or freezer containers, sometimes I use both depending on what I am doing.
Then I pop everything in the freezer, arrange it so it will freeze up and put what I want for the next 3 days in the fridge to cook.
This saves time because I don't have to go to the store as much, and money because I can buy what's on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment