Monday, September 23, 2013
Beef and Chorizo Burritos
These Beef and Chorizo Burritos have peppers and onions along with potatoes cooked up in the mix
Add some Salsa Verde and sour cream if you like and you're going to enjoy these. Mmm So Good
• 3/4 pound lean ground beef
• 1/2 pound fresh or smoked chorizo, diced
• 2 small Anaheim (New Mexico) chiles, seeded and chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 pound potatoes, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3 plum tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 4 burrito-size soft flour tortillas, warmed
• Salsa verde and sour cream (optional)
1. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and chorizo; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until beef is no longer pink. Transfer with slotted spoon to medium bowl.
2. Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add chiles, onion, and oil; cook 3 minutes. Add potatoes; continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes, until potatoes start to brown. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, then tomatoes, oregano, and salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes more, until thick.
3. Return beef mixture to skillet and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Divide and spoon filling down center of each tortilla. Fold in sides and roll up. Serve burritos with salsa verde and sour cream, if desired.
Makes 4 burritos.