1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green chile pepper
1 (16 ounce) can corn drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, corn and green chile pepper; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder ,and garlic salt. Simmer while preparing the biscuits.
3. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Pull each biscuit into 2 layers. Press 10 biscuit halves on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish to form bottom crust. Reserve the other 10 biscuit halves for the top layer.
4. Remove meat mixture from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream, and egg; mix well. Spoon over bottom crust. Arrange remaining biscuit halves to form top crust, and spoon remaining cheese evenly over the top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are a deep golden brown color.