Saturday, July 13, 2013

Doritos Crusted Chicken Fingers

Doritos Crusted Chicken Fingers
There are so many flavors of Doritos these days it's hard to decide which one to buy, so I usually buy 2 bags
Do you remember when mom made fried chicken and rolled it in corn flakes? Yeah that was a lot of work, dipping frying and well not that healthy, so these days I bake my chicken or grill or anything without tons of grease. So when I found this recipe I said now there's a new kick to breaded chicken, I had used Panko bread crumbs before and thought this is perfect for a new twist on my baked chicken.

Ingredients

1 Bag of Doritos, any flavor (I used cool ranch)
1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
2 Egg
4 tablespoons milk
4 chicken breasts

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400
Cut chicken into strips (about 1")
Place Doritos in a Ziploc bag and crush until you have 1 cup of crushed Doritos. (You don't want them powder, a few bigger chunks are ok). Mix the breadcrumbs with the Doritos.
In another small bowl beat together egg & milk.
Dip each strip in the egg mixture and then into the Doritos mixture. Press the chips into the chicken making sure the whole strip is coated.
Place on a foil lined pan and lightly spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray.
Bake 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with homemade ranch dip or honey mustard
adapted from spendwithpennies

No comments:

Post a Comment