Olive Garden's Chicken & Gnocchi Soup adapted from CopyKat
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups of milk (we used 2%)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups of low sodium chicken broth depending on how thick you like your soup
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 cups of shredded chicken, I just used a bag of frozen precooked, shredded chicken we had on hand
- 1 package gnocchi, cooked or the equivalent homemade
- handful of spinach leafs, ribboned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
2.) Stir in the flour and cook for a minute before adding in the milk. Add the carrots and chicken and let the mixture simmer until it starts to thicken.
3.) While it is simmering, cook the gnocchi according to the directions on the package. Strain and set aside.
4.) Once mixture is thickend, add chicken broth to reach desired consistency.Once mixture tightens up again, add the gnocchi, spinach and seasoning. Simmer until fully heated through.
5.) Serve with your own version of salad and bread sticks and enjoy the tastes of Olive Garden right in your own home!