I love to cook, and many of my family loves cooking too, but we all have our own little Twists on recipes and that's what I'm here to share with you, My Twists on some great recipes that make them even more tasty.
Some are new some are old favorites but I put time and love into everything I make and write about.
Personally I would color these green I think and then add sprinkles, toppings and maybe M&M's to some too
I can think of all kinds of things to do with this
Ingredients: 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks) 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 egg 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or vanilla Few drops green food coloring 2 cups all-purpose flour Green colored sugar
Directions: 1. In a large mixer bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until softened (about 30 seconds). Add sugar and salt and beat until fluffy.
2. Add the egg, peppermint extract or vanilla, and a few drops of green food coloring. Beat mixture well.
3. With mixer on low speed gradually add flour to butter mixture and beat well.
4. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Shape each part into a roll about 1 inch thick and about 8 inches long. Roll each in green colored sugar. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 1 week.
5. Unwrap rolls. Slice crosswise so the slices are 1/4 inch thick. To shape each shamrock, place 3 slices of dough with sides touching in a shamrock shape on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cut a stem from a fourth slice and attach to the shamrock (save the rest of this slice for cutting other shamrock stems). Gently push the slices together so each leaflet curves in slightly.
6. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. With a pancake turner lift the cookies onto a cooling rack to cool. Makes 32 cookies.
Store the baked cookies in a tightly covered container at room temperature up to 3 days. Or, store the baked cookies in a freezer container in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
nutrition facts (Shamrock Cookies) cal. (kcal) 87, Fat, total (g) 5, chol. (mg) 19, sat. fat (g) 3, carb. (g) 10, pro. (g) 1, vit. A (RE) 52, vit. C (mg) 2, sodium (mg) 67, iron (mg) 0, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet