I love to cook, and many of my family loves cooking too, but we all have our own little Twists on recipes and that's what I'm here to share with you, My Twists on some great recipes that make them even more tasty.
Some are new some are old favorites but I put time and love into everything I make and write about.
Ingredients: 2 cups creamy peanut butter 3/4 cup butter, room temperature 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted 3 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal 1 1/2 packages (18 ounces)dark chocolate chips 2 tablespoonsvegetable shortening 1/2 bag (6 ounces)white chocolate chips (optional) Food coloring of your choice (optional) Coconut (optional)
Directions: 1. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sifted confectioners' sugar. Reduce the speed to low and add the crispy rice cereal just until combined. Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour (do not skip this step).
2. Line a baking tray with wax paper. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Shape mixture into egg shapes and place on the wax lined baking tray. Recipe makes approximately 20 eggs. Place baking tray in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. While eggs are freezing, use a double boiler and melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat.
4. Remove eggs from the freezer and using toothpicks, dip eggs in melted chocolate. Place back on wax lined baking tray. (At this point, you can sprinkle the eggs with coconut if you like.) Once all eggs are covered in chocolate, place tray in refrigerator to cool.
5. While eggs are cooling, use a zip top plastic bag to melt the white chocolate and any food coloring in the microwave. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time, massaging the food coloring into the chocolate until completely melted.
6. Remove the eggs from the refrigerator and allow to sit a minute. Snip the ends of the zip top bag and drizzle the colored white chocolate over the cooled eggs to decorate. To serve, line a plate with coconut and place the eggs on top.
serving suggestions Serve with a cold glass of milk!