So instead, I baked you a cake.
I could tell you that I slaved in front of a hot oven all day to make said cake. But the reality is it only took one minute to make.
If you tried to sum up my blog in a dessert, this cake would be it: healthy–while still tasting ridiculously delicious, vegan (with a gluten-free option), and chocolate. Of course, chocolate. It wouldn’t be my blog without chocolate.
One-Minute Chocolate Cake
(can be gluten-free!)
It’s also a new Single-Serving Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or Arrowhead Mills gf)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar or evaporated cane juice (edit: xylitol works as well)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 tablespoon more sugar)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil (Edit: many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. But I can’t personally vouch for the results if you make that substitution.)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
If desired, top with my favorite Reeses Fudge Frosting.
Question of the Day:Can you think of a better way to spend one minute?
Better than making chocolate cake? Is this a trick question?
And thank you all again. So so much.
Edit: Due to (very) popular demand, I’m finally adding the nutrition facts for this recipe.
- Calories: 205 with oil (or 140 without)
- Fat: 12g with oil (or 2g without)
- Carbs: 30g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
- ww points (new system): 6 (or 4 without oil)