Copycat Bisquick Mix
Prep time: 5 mins
Yields: 10 1/2 cups (84 ounces)
- 8 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Mix well . Add shortening and with a pastry cutter, cut in until mixture resembles course meal.
- Store in an air tight container up to one month or in the freezer up to 2 months. Use as an exact substitute for Bisquick in recipes.
- Mix together 2 1/4 cups flour mixture and 3/4 cup milk. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- For drop biscuits, mix together 2 1/4 cups flour mixture and 1 cup milk. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.