Friday, December 28, 2012

Clock Pie Pops for New Year’s Eve

Clock Pie Pops for New Year’s Eve

 
It’s almost New Year’s Eve! Kind of crazy, right? That it’s going to be 2013? I swear 2012 JUST started. And now it’s over.
Blog-wise, 2012 was an amazing year for me. I feel like Crazy for Crust grew up a little. I still have a long way to go, and so many things to learn. But I think I’m finally getting comfortable in my blogging skin, you know? 2012 was the year I was able to say I now have a business…not just a hobby. Which is super exciting, even if the only people who believe me/know what I mean are my husband and other bloggers.
Anyway…after the month of cookies and truffles and sweets has come and gone. But you’re not dieting yet, right? You still need a fun dessert for New Year’s Eve? I know I do, something to nosh on before I fall asleep after watching the ball drop in NY.
{FYI, for those of you who don’t know…I’m in California. And, yes, I’ve become that old person who goes to bed at 9:30, even on New Year’s. Don’t judge – mama is NOT a fun person without her beauty rest. And Jordan doesn’t care if I’ve been up until midnight. 6am on the nose, no matter what!}
These pops are super fun, and SO easy to make! I have a Babycakes Pie Pop Maker that I used. It’s like that cake pop/doughnut pan/waffle stick maker thing that you’ve seen at the store. But you do not have to have one to make these pops. You can do them on a cookie sheet in your oven, like I did with these Gold Medals over the summer. (Although, you need to use different sticks if you’re baking – these white ones aren’t oven safe, I don’t think.)
Then just use an edible food pen to write on the clock. You can get those pens at craft stores, like Michaels. But, whatever you do, don’t let your kid borrow the pens. She’ll write on paper and ruin them. Not that I would know about that…

No comments:

Post a Comment